State of the art facilities to conduct research
Coordination with Industry experts and senior research fellows from across India
Modern equipment to help with precise experiments and research
ResearchOverview of Research at School of Biotechnology, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
The department provides an ideal milieu for interdisciplinary collaborative research and interaction between students and faculty. The research activities are well-funded through extra-mural research funding from government agencies such as University Grants Commission, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Science and Technology and Indian Council of Medical Research.
The thrust areas of research are Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Cancer, Thalassemia, Diabetes, Bioremediation, Biodegradation of Petroplastics, Biosynthesis of Biopolymers, Biosensors, Bio-nanotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering.
- Indo-Mexican Bilateral Collaborative Research Project entitled Engineering of novel sheet material from biological sources deciphering bioplastic production, DST, New Delhi and CONACYT, Mexico
- A retrospective and prospective analysis of molecular signature patterns and genomic instability profiles among first and second generation victims of Bhopal gas tragedy diagnosed with gastrointestinal malignancies from UGC, New Delhi
- Carrier detection and molecular diagnosis of Beta Globin gene mutations in Bhopal India from (ICMR), New Delhi
- Bioplastic revolution makes the environment clean: A novel approach, from DST, New Delhi
- Cloning, Nucleotide Sequencing and Functional Analysis of a Novel Mobile Cluster of Biodegradation Genes from selected microbial strains, UGC, New Delhi
- Biochemical Degradation of Polyblends and formation of formidable bioplastics by the help of Microbial Tools: A Recent Approach, DST, New Delhi under SERC Fast Track proposals for Young Scientists scheme
- Quest of molecular mechanisms of biologic responses of thiazolidinediones in Balb/ can.n (I.B.) mice of type -2 diabetes , ICMR, New Delh
- Exploration of epigenetic signatures of hematological malignancies genes: A Prognostic, Diagnostic & Therapeutic Approach , MPCOST, Bhopal
- Transcriptome profiling and development of EST-SSR markers for assessment of genetic relationships in Gloriosa superba, DBT , New Delhi under the Biocare Scheme for Women Scientist
- An Emerging Role of Epigenetics in Type-2 Diabetic Retinopathy: A Prognostic, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approach. Submitted to DBT, New Delhi under the Indo-US Bilateral Collaborative
- Epigenetic perspective to target hematological malignancies in murine models infused with lethal Methylisocyanate-An evaluation ranging from in vivo to in silico approach. Submitted to MPCOST, Bhopal
- Epigenetic Insights and Therapeutic Target for Type-2 Diabetic Retinopathy Endothelial Dysfunctions. Submitted to ICMR, New Delhi
- Novel clot specific Stretokinase proteins possessing altered plasminogen activation characteristics and a process for the preparation of said proteins. European patent no. 1024192 dated 7-12-04
- Polynucleotide encoding proteins with clot specific streptokinase activity. US patent no. US2018/0171362 A1 dated 17-07-08
- A process for the preparation of clot specific streptokinases possessing useful plasminogen activation characteristics. Indian patent no.-190822.
- Development of membrane bound expression based DNA vaccine against ε-Toxin of Clostridium Perfringens
- Development of cytosolic expression and heterologous booster based DNA vaccine against ε-toxin of Clostridium perfringens.
- Development of cytosolic expression based DNA vaccine against ε-toxin of Clostridium perfringens
- Development of membrane bound expression and heterologous booster based DNA vaccine against ε-toxin of Clostridium perfringens
- Development of vaccine against epsilon toxin of Clostridium perfringens employing LTB-epsilon toxin epitopes in translational fusion with LTB